Balsamic Roasted Tempeh Bowls
This life isn't about restrictions. It's about nourishing every cell of our body. This bowl of awesome is exactly what I'm craving in the chilly whether. It's also a perfect meal for lunch leftovers.
4 Servings 1 Hour
2 2/3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 2/3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 Block Tempeh
2/3 Cup Red Onion (medium, sliced)
4 Carrot (medium, peeled and chopped)
2 2/3 Cup Mushrooms (quartered)
2 Zucchini (sliced)
1 Cup Quinoa (dry)
1 2/3 Cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC).
2. Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, sea salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Place the tempeh, red onion, carrot, mushrooms and zucchini together in a large bowl and toss with the balsamic dressing to coat.
3. Transfer the veggies and tempeh to a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring halfway.
4. While the veggies and tempeh roast, make the quinoa. Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan, add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
5. To serve, divide the quinoa between bowls and top with roasted veggies and tempeh. Garnish with additional balsamic vinegar if you'd like, and enjoy!
Notes: Keeps well in the fridge up to 4 days.